The Southern African Society
Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Our activities include:
1) Teaching of Health Care professionals nationally in the complicated areas of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
2) Promoting the use of Thromboprophylaxis in the government and private sectors by engaging with the relevant
3) Training and endorsing anti-coagulation clinics both locally and nationally
4) Research Projects include:
5) We run a Rare Disease Unit at Charlotte Maxeke Hospital with a special interest in Gaucher's Disease.
We offer the following services:
The Rare disease Unit is partially sponsored by an unrestricted grant from Sanofi Genzyme.